Coconut is a pure super food , with mono saturated fat, which has countless health benefits. In South Asia , especially India, Coconut is considered a divine food. Among Hindu population , Coconut is an integral part of their culture. No prayer and offering is complete without coconut.
Generally saturated fats are not recommended by the doctors as they increase the blood cholesterol levels in the body. Most of the saturated fats come from animal sources and regular consumption of such fats can put your heart at risk. Know that all saturated fats are not created equal. Coconut oil is from a plant source and its medium chain fatty acids improve the body’s metabolism. It is the only food source which contains lauric acid , a magic component which helps in building body’s immunity.
If you understand fat metabolism, the key to fat burning is fat mobilization. Coconut oil due to its molecular structure plays a key role, hence aids in weight loss. It increases the good HDL levels in the blood, thereby promoting heart health.
Coconut oil is beneficial in many ways
1) It is a great skincare agent
when used with coffee scrubs and sugar , it acts as wonderful exfoliant and helps in the reduction of cellulite in the body. If this process is done along with dry brushing, it shows amazing results.
2) Great substitute to regular cooking oils in the kitchen
Try using coconut oil in your recipes , as salad dressing base, in curries and sautes, as coffee creamer. Usage of coconut oil boosts metabolism helping you to lose weight the healthy way. It can also be consumed orally.
3) Coconut water is a store house of magnesium and other minerals which instantly hydrate your body. Use it before/after workout or on a sunny day out. Nothing beats this healthy drink.
4) Coconut flesh is a tasty ingredient to add to soups , curries and also chutneys for a nutty flavor and taste. Tender coconut has a unique texture , taste and can be consumed as a summer snack. Dessicated coconut and coconut milk are few other forms of coconut.
5) Coconut oil and baking soda mixed together is one of the most natural face exfoliant and brightener. Coconut oil can also be used as moisturizer for the body instead of the store bought ones. It is also a great dental agent for oral health and teeth whitening.
6) Coconut oil is gaining popularity in ketogenic diets too as it is considered a healthy fat.
7) It is the best oiling/conditioning agent for hair, stimulates hair growth. No wonder , all the tropical residents of the world are its testimonials.
One more interesting fact of coconut is that it is 100% biodegradable and it’s useful in ‘it’s every form(including it’s hard shell).
The list is endless. What more to say about coconut ? It is a Pandora box containing a million blessings .Why not claim it, for a rich health , strong body and happy mind !